Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The real story

Although I blog a lot more during random periods of my life (especially summer when I take lots of pictures), I am still alive. In fact, quite alive. And busy too.

Contrary to my last post, I did not end up doing that internship because it did not qualify for public health credit. BUT in the process I learned how much I appreciate school still. I am glad I am in classes because they have been the most influential and amazing classes I have ever had. They are really bringing me home in terms of what I want to be doing with my life.

But more on that later. Probably lots more. Every class I'm like, "B!CA!SDJF!H!!ADBF!!!!" ...Meaning that they're pretty much amazing, blow my mind, and give me waaaay too much to think about. And all I want to do is share it because it's so amazing but it's really hard to put down in a few short posts. I'll figure it out though.

To get to some real news in this semi-undirected post, I have figured out where I really am going to do my internship this summer: Welcome Baby through United Way. Basically it's this awesome program where I will be helping to educate new mothers on all things baby (nutrition, activities, etc) to help them feel comfortable and answer their questions. (This because I am so experienced, eh? ;) I will be able to connect them with community resources and teach them skills and useful information after I am trained and get going. It's going to be great.

Also, I got into a photography class for the spring. Yeah, I know. Fantastic.

That's about it. Wonderful semester so far-- really full but not too stressful, just the way I like it. Working at the career center is fabulous because I get to help so many people one-on-one, teaching them principles to strengthen their resumes and feel more confident in their job search.

No comments:

Post a Comment