Friday, July 23, 2010

Today I am thankful for today

Is it contradictory to love today just as much as the idea of the future?

I think not. In fact, I believe they go hand in hand.

Sitting outside in the sun reading. Journaling. Loving the present, but thinking about life and the possibilities of the future. I love that they are so limitless. Or maybe I am just a naive youth... but I like to think I will always be an optimist.

I am so glad to have time to think, time to soak up the sun, time to spend with my family (today we made ice cream and had a movie night), time to prepare for the future. For most of the day I left my phone up in my room and it felt so good. Just to enjoy what I have right now rather than anticipating anything else.

Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and just stay at this point in life forever. Then I realize how excited I am (though scared out of my mind) about the future. I graduate in a year... yeah, that really snuck up on me. But I am so full of hope for all of the dreams that I have, or that I'm developing. I am so glad to have the opportunities and the freedom I have!

So I am grateful for today--for now is when all of this exists.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's naive to have faith and optimism. You are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete