Monday, August 16, 2010

The bittersweetness of swapping planners

It's that time of year again. I don't like tossing planners because I'm nostalgic... but I also love the possibilities and freshness of a new planner for a new year.

Last year's planner contained awesome quotes. Before I throw it out, I wanted to record some of my favorites:


"Each difficult moment has the potential to open my eyes and open my heart."
- Myla Kabat-Zinn

"Believe in the power of your own choices to re-create the world."
- Deborah Ellis

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
- Eddie Rickenbacker

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
- Voltare

"Seeing yourself as you want to be is the key to personal growth."
- Anonymous

"Joy lies in the flight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."
- Audre Lorde

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have mastered, you will never grow."
- C. R. Lawton

"What you risk reveals what you value."
- Jeanette Winterson

"The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent in the world itself."
- Henry Miller

"Many people have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose."
- Helen Keller

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
-Alice Walker

"Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you." - Marsha Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment