Friday, November 12, 2010

This is happiness

In light of being accepted for graduation in April, I've been reflecting on my college career. What I've loved, what I've learned, what I wish I'd done differently. Above all else, I've learned about myself these past three and a half years. Isn't it funny how we have to get to know ourselves sometimes?

And what have I found?


If I could choose to be anyone, I'd be myself.

I love beautiful things. I love creating things and being artistic. I love literature and history, but I also enjoy the way math and science make sense. School makes me happy when it truly educates me. I need big blocks of time to really sit down and concentrate, and it takes me a while to get into the "zone." I thrive when I'm challenged but get stressed about perfection and often shy away. I wish I had taken more risks in college. I love to dance even though it scares me. I miss choir, and I wish I kept up my violin. I am secretly scared that once I graduate I will never really get to do these things again, and that I'll always regret not doing more. I love people and always wish I had more time to spend with others. But I also need my own quiet time. I love to cook good food, but I'm always scared others won't like it. I want everyone to be happy and to like me. I try not to care about what others think, but I do. I really do. I am getting much better though. I love my family so much it hurts sometimes. Home is full of love and the essence of comfort, but I am so glad I am on my own. I progress so much more and I know it's the way it's supposed to be even if it's rough at times. I sure am grateful I get to go home soon though!

Probably much more than anyone cares to know, but I needed it. :)

2 comments:

  1. I want you to be you too! I love you and love posts like this :) You're AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! graduating in april! what's next?

    ReplyDelete