Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm sensing a trend...

This seems to be how half of my journal entries and blogs start: "So I know I haven't written in a while, but..." And I guess that's just how life goes.

Basically, I just felt like I should mention something of how AWESOME my life is. I get to go home on Thursday and see my family, and then a week later I am marrying my best friend! Doesn't get much better than that.

Usually with awesome comes lots of stuff to do too. I can honestly say that the past few months have been some of the hardest just because I have felt pulled at all ends. The last few weeks have been better, but last month... man. It was tough. It's hard to feel like you've gotten worse at something, especially things that used to be strengths. I felt like I used to be able to be happy and serve others and do hard things so well. I was just bursting with new insights and gratitude all the time.

So I've learned a few things. I don't have time to really flesh them out in my mind before I blog like I like to do, but I just love being able to think through writing. I've learned that I need to be more grateful and less hard on myself. I have learned the importance of doing what you know you should do when you know you should do it. Even if it seems totally unrelated to the rest of your life, it will help you in all other aspects. I finally not only accepted that I was supposed to do a certain thing but actually did it, and it seems like ever since then I've been less overwhelmed. I know it's because of the blessings of doing what we're supposed to, even if the only blessing is a clear conscience and a greater sensitivity to the Holy Ghost.

So those are my thoughts and updates. Not eloquent. But they're mine.

And I am so excited to get married to the most wonderful man I know. He's so patient, so loving, so devoted to what is right and to me. We're off on a grand adventure together! Even in the last few months, I feel I have grown so much, and that we have grown so much closer. I think it's because it has been a bit more stressful, but we've been committed to each other and to helping each other come closer to Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for this start to life!

Oh, and if you're wondering who this wonderful fella is, here are some engagements for your perusal. (What I haven't mentioned yet is just how stinkin handsome he is!)

Thanks Michelle Sutterfield for your talented photography skills. And your general awesomeness.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! The two of you, my goodness, I guess it's been a long time coming. Chris and I are hoping we can make it down to your reception in Provo. Just a few weeks away! It would be so nice to see you. We missed you guys the last time we were in Provo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Post!!! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! I can't wait for you to be married :) SEe you soon!

    ReplyDelete